Colocation services are a popular way for businesses to realize significant savings in hardware and telecommunication costs and reduce the load on overworked IT departments, while improving security and responsiveness of their web site, data backup, servers and other network infrastructure.
Global Light Stream, LLC is a premium colocation service provider. We offer our clients a wide range of colocation options, including colocation cages, colocation cabinets, high density colocation and even hard walled, private data center suites. We make no compromises. When you entrust your data and network services to us, you can count on the fact that it’s safe, secure and always available. We operate our colocation facilities to meet or exceed the highest standards, providing 100% uptime with SSAE16 Type II audited certification. You don’t even have to switch telcos; our server colocation services are carrier neutral, providing access to over a dozen popular telecommunications carriers.
Colocation service providers have become an increasingly popular option for many businesses. Ensuring that crucial systems are secure, monitored, accessible at all times, backed up and provided with the hardware and bandwidth needed to perform at optimal levels can be extremely expensive. Many companies lack the trained IT staff required to operate their own data center and those that have the necessary staff often find that the demands on their time needed to maintain network infrastructure cut into availability for other critical tasks. Success and growth often mean that businesses – especially those that rely heavily on web sites- face challenges in optimizing server performance and meeting bandwidth demands.
Security is always a concern and when companies are collecting and storing sensitive client data or proprietary competitive information, computer systems, web sites and networks are notoriously difficult to lock down. As a leading colocation provider, our facilities are SSAE16 Type II audited certification. This means that we have passed stringent audits testing our internal controls and operational effectiveness. We have processes in place that ensure your system is always operational and your data is always secure. The premises at our colocation facilities are physically protected by security staff stationed on-site 24/7, we employ defined access lists and biometric screening technology and closed-circuit TV surveillance is also installed throughout the buildings.
With GLS’s colocation services, your systems are always online and secure. Your business can save money instead of continually investing in incremental network and hardware upgrades, your IT staff are freed up for other projects and our highly secure colocation facilities are certified to meet or exceed internationally recognized standards that your clients and investors will appreciate.
Why should you co-locate with GLS?
- The data center was built to meet the requirements of the Uptime Institute for redundant scalable power and cooling infrastructure and enhanced security. GLS can handle the scale of your growing business network
- With on-network access to numerous network providers, GLS has built a highly redundant network
- Colocation in our facility will save you money. An in-house data center with design deficiencies can be costly to operate and could put your IT investments in jeopardy. Extreme capital expenditures for upgrades can be prohibitive for organizations of all sizes.
- Located at Baltimore Technology Park in downtown Baltimore, just a few minutes off I-95 and MD-295
- We solve the challenges presented by Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), HIPAA, SAS 70, SSAE16 and other legislative requirements that require protection of critical IT systems from natural disasters, terrorist threats, and unpredictable service outages from utility and bandwidth providers.
- Cabinets, cages and suites that can be customized to meet precise requirements
- Available build-outs of client employee work space
- Easy expansion
- 16,500 sq ft conditioned/raised floor space
- Security, support and access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Access restricted to authorized client personnel and GLS employees
- IP-based interior and exterior surveillance cameras
- Entrance and exit controlled by HID contact-less access cards
- Cabinet access controlled by a dial system
- Biometric Handscan
- Carrier-neutral facility
- Redundant IP bandwidth available
- Cross-connections of standard media types to connect you to the carrier of your choice
- Dark Fiber connectivity available
- Multiple Fiber Providers
Power and Environmental
- N+1 redundant electrical design and distribution
- Automatic switching from primary to backup power supply
- Single and three-phase power
- Completely isolated ground system
- Diesel generators 48-hr onsite fuel supplemented with refueling contracts
- Multiple Power feed stations
- AC power systems capable of delivering both 120V and 208V service
- DC power available in -48V configuration with various amperages
- Redundant HVAC units with temperature set at 70 degrees +/- 4 degrees
- Humidity control system in HVAC units, set at 47% +/- 10%
- Over 2000 points of critical infrastructure monitored by the Delta Monitoring System
- Multi-zoned, dry-pipe, dual interlocked pre-action fire protection system
- Water detection system below flooring
- Power cabling under raised flooring
- Structural capacity of raised floor is 1200 lbs. /sq. ft. of concentrated load
- Network cabling in overhead cable trays